Shopkins has 2,656 different types of toys in his collection.
Smiling strawberries, bunches of grapes, colorful lipsticks, or finger puppets—Shopkins’ small, colorful toys can instantly capture the attention of any child.
Australian young woman Alexa Serstuk was no exception. Serstuk saw her first Shopkins toy in the hands of a classmate at school when she was seven years old. The year was 2014. That was the year Australian company Moose Toys first launched Shopkins toys.
They became very popular with children overnight. Little Serstuk also fell in love with Shopkins toys. From then on, she started buying Shopkins toys.
That childhood love has now helped her enter the Guinness World Records. Serstuk's collection includes 2,656 Shopkins toys.
Serstuk, a resident of Queensland, Australia, said, "I really like seeing Shopkins toys in the hands of a classmate at school. I started buying Shopkins for myself from then on. Now I have 2,656 types of toys in my collection. However, if you count the ones that are in pairs, the total number of toys will be more than 4,000."
Serstuk set the record by beating British woman Rihanna Connors. Connors, who created Guinness World Records in 2019, had a collection of 2,271 Shopkins toys.
Shopkins toys are shaped like various types of food, clothes and other things. Moose Toys launched it in 2014. Since then, new shapes of toys have been introduced to the market one after another. Production of Shopkins toys will stop in 2023.
"I love Shopkins," Serstuk told Guinness World Records. "Because when they were first released, there weren't any toys on the market specifically for girls. I started collecting them in 2014 when I was seven years old. It became an addiction. Getting a new pack, finding unknown items, and getting special or limited edition items — it's all very exciting to me."

Post a Comment